We arrived safely in Shanghai on Tuesday. The last few days have been filled with lots of appointments to get things going on our house, getting the temporary apartment set up, finding furniture for the new house, opening a bank account, getting me a cell phone, getting the girls signed up for a language camp and managing three young children through it all! J We have been able to go swimming once and the girls loved the big outdoor pool here at the housing complex. We still don’t have internet set-up at our apartment (supposed to be next week some time) so I can’t really post on blogger yet. I’m sending this one through e-mail and not sure how it works.
As soon as we get our internet set up I will post more and some pictures as we have had some interesting stories already. It is so funny and tiring to try to figure out how to communicate to people who speak no English when we speak very little Chinese. I think the thing that cracks me up the most is that they just keep talking to us in Chinese as if some how we are going to magically understand. But I guess to their credit we usually do eventually figure out what they are saying.
OK, I’ll post more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment