Monday, August 30, 2010

Tragedy and triumph!

Don't get too worried - the tragedy is not a terrible tragedy in light of what most consider tragedies but for our girls it seemed like tragedy...the bunnies have run away!  Honest...I did not let them out!  One evening they discovered their God-given talent to dig and lo and behold they began digging while we were sleeping peacefully inside.  We came out to feed them only to find them GONE!  We located the hole where they dug under the fence but we weren't able to ever find them!  The girls were sad but I have to say, not as sad as I thought they would be.  I was all set for the tears and the drama (we have 3 girls, you know) but actually everyone was OK.  They were sad the bunnies were gone but really after a day or two it was just back to normal at our house.  John and I decided that God poured out his grace and mercy on us and forgave us for such a dumb, spur of the moment parenting decision.  :)  The bunnies actually were not difficult pets but they were still pets!  We still had to figure out what to do with them every time we were going to go out of town.  So we are back to being pet-less and that is fine with John and I!  The girls still talk of a pet dog when we move back to the US but John and I will try to be stronger next time! 


And now for the triumph...Kate can ride a 2 wheel bike all by herself.  The poor child is so short that she still really can't fully reach the ground with both feet to get on and off of it (even with a very short bike and the seat at the lowest level) but man can she ride!  It literally took me holding on to the back of the bike to steady her for about 30 seconds and she was off.  She still has a hard time starting off, mainly because her feet don't touch the ground and she hasn't exactly gotten the hang of stopping with brakes but we're getting there!  Don't you just love her helmet...I think it's actually a roller-blading helmet (it looks like roller-derby to me) but it was the one we could find that fits her little head! :)

I just love this one because Leah and Lauren were cheering her on!
We are now back in the full swing of school and tennis and ballet and everything else that goes along with a new school year starting up.  We are actually on week 7 of school now so it's nice to have a little cushion in our schedule!

No comments: