Monday, July 09, 2007

I'm an Iowa girl now!

Nothing screams Iowa girl like an 18 month old eating sweet corn right off the cob! Kate was digging her first piece of Iowa sweet corn. For those of you who have never eaten fresh Iowa corn on the cob, you really are missing out on the best corn ever! There's a difference...I promise!

The girls are doing great. Kate is just blossoming more and more each day. I told John just the other day that I feel like about 2 weeks ago Kate really came out of her shell. It just seems like she woke up one day and said, "yep, this is MY home and MY family". She's done great all along with the attachment stuff but it was just something that clicked I think. She is such a fun loving girl and tries so hard to keep up with Leah & Lauren. She is constantly trying to walk around in Leah's shoes. Lauren is smitten with her and insists on giving her a kiss and a hug everytime Kate is going for her nap or for bed. Kate has learned how to say no and likes to say it very much now! She has several other words that she can say but no seems to be the favorite! Well, you can click on the photo below to see more pictures of what we have been up to this summer. By the way, I know it takes me forever to update the blog but I've actually done 2 in one day so check out Lauren's birthday below! :)
Summer Fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to update the blog. I love seeing new pictures of the girls. You all have been on my mind in the recent days. My prayer is that the girls keep growing into beautiful worshippers of Christ.
XOXO to the girls for me please.
love ya,
Lindsey

mama2dibs said...

I can't wait to see how Libby and the new baby interact. I definitely don't want to wish the years away, but I DO want to see the kids enjoying each other...and I suppose I'll take the frustrating fights as well.

Anonymous said...

So....is Nacogdoches from Texas? I love the name! Seeing her with that bear reminds me of all of those versions of that dog that you had....I don't remember what his name was?! I definitely love Lauren's flowery eye patch - she's such a cutie! Kate is getting big and always looks so happy!!! Three beautiful girls - they all three have beautiful smiles!! Does Lauren start kindergarten in the fall? I loved seeing the pictures! Wish we were close enough to visit!!
Love,
Carol

Angel and Shane said...

Hi guys,
The girls look so beautiful and Kate is growing up so fast. Shane and I loved the pictures. Thanks for updating the blog. We check every once in awhile to see how everyone is doing.

Take Care
Angel, Shane and Jaili