Friday, October 19, 2007

Life at our house...

Well, after seeing my good friend, Kelli, tonight and being prompted by her to update my blog - here it goes...

Life is busy at our house but isn't it busy at every house?? For some who might not know, Leah started Kindergarten this year and I am homeschooling her. We just finished our 10th week and really so far everything is going well. She loves EVERYTHING about school work so it's not too challenging to get her to focus on school amidst the chaos of everyday life with a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old constantly vying for Mom's attention. It is fun to see the light bulb going off in Leah's brain from time to time and it's especially fun to see her reading...this is the kid that after just turning 3 told John, "I wish I could read" because she loves books so much! She is thrilled that we are finally teaching her how to read. Here is Leah in her Egyptian Princess jewelry she made!

Probably the only tricky part of homeschooling Leah is little Miss Kate. She is 22 months old now and is truly just a joy to behold. She has the funniest little personality but can be quite stubborn at times, too, when I'm not giving her the full attention she thinks she deserves. Lauren is great with helping to entertain Kate when I need focused time with Leah for school. Kate is starting to talk so much. She is putting words together and is able to say almost anything when we say, "Kate, can you say..." Which, by the way, has become quite an amusing game for Leah & Lauren to watch Kate try to say things like Mississippi or jingle bells or whatever else they can think of. Kate does always manage to get out something that somewhere way in the depths of it sounds similar.

Lauren is such a bright spot – she really does light up a room with her smile and contagious joy. The other day I was at the grocery store shopping at 7am on a Saturday morning with Lauren (she’s my VERY early bird) and I just had to comment out loud…"well, if I have to be at the grocery store at the crack of dawn there is no one else I would rather be with since you are just so happy to be alive.” She thought that was really funny as she knows her mother is NOT an early bird by nature! Kate continues to be a FABULOUS sleeper so I am so thankful for that! One non-sleeper out of 3 isn't bad, I guess.

So there you have it - how life is summed up at our house this fall...busy, fun, chaotic, never a dull moment, hectic, challenging, frustrating, amazing, humorous, exhausting and exhilarating- sometimes all at the same time! Happy Harvest!

1 comment:

mama2dibs said...

I'm so glad you updated. Maybe I should remind you more often than I have. Of course, I am one of the lucky ones that gets to see the girls quite often with church and small group. I am truly excited about getting to know you better and getting to see your girls (who are such wonderful kids) more often with small group.