Friday, February 29, 2008

More fun in the sun!



Well, I just had to share a few more pictures from our fun trip. John has joined us now...he was India for the first part of our trip so the girls are thrilled to have their Daddy back! Today we went to South Padre Island and had a fun day! We played on the beach for a little while, ate really great fried shrimp and fish and then took a fun Eco Boat tour in the bay area. You can see from the picture above that we got to see dolphins swimming around us. They were too fast for me to get a picture of them by the boat. But then when this huge ship came up beside us and I was able to get a picture of a dolphin jumping out of the water in front of it. It's no National Geographic photo but I thought it was pretty good for a stay at home mom who was trying with one arm to keep a 4 year old from jumping out of the boat with excitement and a taking a picture of a fast moving dolphin with the other arm.

By the way, you'll notice Kate's goggles in one of the pictures. Leah and Lauren wear goggles to swim and she, of course, thinks she needs them too even though there is no chance that her face is going anywhere near under the water! :) Leah's grand accomplishment on this trip has been that she can now blow bubbles with her gum! Lauren is now able to swim all over the pool without her life jacket and she is so proud of herself! Kate has gotten now where she is comfortable enough in her life jacket to "swim" around the pool without someone right beside her...she thinks she's pretty hot stuff! So all in all I would say the trip has been a big success. :)

By the way, two posts in one week...don't faint! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Cute! I did have to almost click twice - I thought I was at the wrong blog! :) You know, it was 78 here on Sunday and snowed yesterday - so, west Texas isn't quite as balmy as south Texas yet! Love the pictures! It looks like Leah has a new haircut? Cute!

Anonymous said...

PS - Tell your parents Hi!!!

Sandi and Hairball said...

Isn't it hard to keep this updated? I have a hard time keeping our site updated. But, when you live in exotic places, it does make it a little easier to update more often as everything is new!! I enjoyed all of the pictures and catching up. They are beautiful and happy girls!!