Thursday, March 27, 2008

We're Moving and a few other things I haven't posted!

Well, as most of you know by now, we are moving to Shanghai, China. John has taken a job transfer and we will plan to live there for 2-3 years. It is quite exciting but overwhelming all at the same time. By the way, this is Kate drinking her Chinese tea from our Chinese tea set...I thought it was appropriate! And yes, she really loves the tea!

We do have a few more details to share about the move. We are tentatively planning to move around mid-July. John and I will go to Shanghai in May for a house hunting trip to find a place to live. Can you even imagine...hmmmm, where do I want to live in a city of 18 MILLION people? It's so crazy that I can't even wrap my brain around it. I am super excited to see it myself - John has been to Shanghai many times but it just isn't the same until you see it for yourself. But I am grateful that we will have assistance when we get there. John's company has set us up with a "Relocation" person who speaks English (yeah!) that will give us an overview of Shanghai and then show us properties. It should be interesting.

We have started the fun process of getting the house ready to sell. We have lived here for 7 years and I am AMAZED at what all we have accumulated. And what is more amazing is that in going through it, I think, "I haven't looked at this thing for 7 years yet I'm having a hard time throwing it out!?!" Why is that?? It is an odd phenomenon. I'm sure our garbage guy is going to be wondering what is going on until he sees the For Sale sign go up in the yard which should be around mid-April. I think my favorite part of this whole process will be trying to keep my house at the ready for showings with 3 little munchkins running around. I compare trying to get my whole house cleaned at one time to trying to put out a barn fire...the minute one area is "put out" the other area is up in flames again! Should be interesting!

Well, that is enough of my rambling for now so I will leave you with a few pictures. One of my sweet, oldest daughter who turned 6 this month! Is that even possible? We had a very fun part with lots of squirrly girls running around the house...a grand time was had by all!


And lastly, here are a few pics of the girls at Easter!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're excited already! Can you post every day so we don't miss a thing! The girls are growing up so fast--it's amazing!

Thanks for bringing us along on your adventure.

---Tina