Monday, September 01, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day!

Well, I meant to post this weekend and I just got busy and didn't get it done. So now I will post a very short note because we found out late this afternoon that our shipment comes tomorrow! We had been told last week that it would come on this past Saturday so I had my hopes all up for that. Well, on Friday, John called to check on it and were told that our container was scheduled for customs inspection today (Monday). That was a huge bummer as we were very much looking forward to getting our stuff this weekend. When they told us inspection on Monday we figured with the way things work in China it would probably be Friday before the container would actually be delivered. So with that thought, John scheduled a trip to Xuzhou for work leaving this morning at 6:30 am and coming back on Wednesday. He arrived in Xuzhou around lunch (took the train) and this afternoon around 3 they called him to say that our container cleared customs and would be delivered tomorrow morning at 10 am!!! Shock of all shock...something has actually gone faster than we expected.

John called me to tell me the good news. John's a pretty smart guy and without me having to say a word, he said, "I'm taking the midnight train home tonight and will be back at the train station at 7am." As much as I hate that he will have to ride in a "soft sleeper" train over night to get home, there is just NO WAY I want to deal with a 40 foot container full of stuff, 3 children, who knows how many Chinese workers, etc., etc. So, my beloved is coming home quickly to help with the arrival of the container!

Because the container is coming tomorrow I have loads to do...things that I have procrastinated on and now have no choice but to get it done quickly before the barrage of boxes appear. I will say quickly though that we had a good week last week. We visited the Shanghai Science and Technology Museum and it was really cool! I'm telling y'all - you need to come visit Shanghai! There is so much cool stuff to see and do here!

Okay, I'm off to get things done!

1 comment:

Made in His Image said...

Yahoo!!!!!!!It's finally there!
Isn't it great that he was in a place that he COULD actually come home? Your going to be busy lady. :-)

Jeannie