I still cannot get on to blogger to post. I did find out that this country I call home was/is blocking it because of a certain event that happened in the late 80's in a certain large city here. Evidently, they are afraid people might get together and I don't know...do something I guess. In the mean time, it is really frustrating me!!! It is part of the joys of living here, I guess. I thought that after the anniversary passed maybe they would stop the block, but no such luck yet.
We have been busy this past month. The girls and I finished up with school so now are enjoying some time off from the regular routine. Kate actually went to preschool the last month or so and she was just starting to warm up to the idea of it when it was finished! :) She will go back there in September so at least at that point, she will know the ropes.
We went to Yangshou, near Guilin, at the end of May and it was really beautiful. John certainly needed the time off and away from the craziness of work and we loved having him all to ourselves. We did tons of fun stuff - went riding down the river on bamboo rafts while shooting at things with these water gun type things, we went for a 10 mile bike ride through the countryside and saw absolutely beautiful scenery and then rode a bigger boat down the Li River to see those sites.
The bike ride was the best though. John was on a tandem bike with Leah behind him and then a "baby seat" behind Leah. Lauren sat in a "baby seat" behind me. I say baby seat in quotes because it was literally a little wicker chair with it's legs tied to the back storage rack thing behind our seats! You just have to love the Chinese for their ingenuity! I'm not sure how safe it was but luckily for us most of the ride the only thing passing us was water buffaloes and bikes so there was no imminent danger from cars! We rode passed so many rice fields and they were greener than anything I have ever seen before. Really the green was amazing. We got to to ride through tons of old villages with buildings that are 500 years old and yet there are people living in them. I have some great pictures that I am going to put in our Picasa web albums so you can see them if you want since I can't post too many pictures on Blogger because of the way I have to post it. We ate lunch at one of the farmer villages and all in all it was pretty good. Once again, I just try really hard not to think about what the kitchen looks like where it was prepared. I have to say, I have yet to get sick here from eating the food so really I should be a little more trusting going into it, I guess. I really felt like when we were riding the bikes through the villages that I was seeing the real China! But I guess maybe that is the real China of years gone by - it seems most young Chinese people are definitely concerned with how they can get the latest and greatest gadgets, clothes, etc. and busy trying to seperate themselves from that farming type of lifestyle.
Here are pictures from the trip:
![]() |
| Guilin Trip |
Here's a link to the Guilin pics in case the album doesn't work: Guilin Pics
I never did get back around to posting about our trip to Malaysia back in March. Let's just say that it was one of the most beautiful beaches that I have ever been too! We spent 7 nights at a resort in Langkawi, Malaysia and it was fabulous! It was filled with sunshine, swimming, fruity drinks, beach playing, relaxing and all around heavenly bliss! I uploaded some pictures to Picasa so you can see them here if you are interested.
![]() |
| Malaysia March, 2009 |


No comments:
Post a Comment