Saturday, July 25, 2009

Total Solar Eclipse

From Solar Eclipse


I forgot to post in my last email message that the girls and I got to experience the Total Solar Eclipse on Wednesday, July 22. John was working in Xuzhou and it didn’t look even nearly the same. Evidently, Shanghai was supposed to be one of the best places in the world to view it. Unfortunately, we could not see any part of it because it was very overcast and rainy that day but what we did get to experience was very cool...total darkness at 9:35 in the morning! It was really amazing because around 9:30 it started to get dusk like and I thought that would be about it but within a couple of minutes it was just like the middle of night and then within a couple of moments, daylight again! A friend snapped this picture of the girls and I and you can see us because of the flash but you can see by the background how totally dark it was. It triggered the night time lights in our complex to come on, as well.

I have a video that really shows how dark it is that you can click here to see it on Picasa if you would like. Click here to see the video.

Or it might show up here:

No comments: