Yesterday was a fun day so I thought I would share a picture with y'all. Once a month the girls and I go to our local homeschool meeting...a time when the different homeschool families from around Pudong come together. The kids go have a PE class for the first hour and then the 2nd hour is spent with moms and kids together doing some sort of "theme". Last month, it was book reports – this month it was Entrepreneur fair!
The girls had to work on many different aspects of running their own business. They had to think of a product (or in our case several), make them, then price them, get displays ready and be ready to sell them to the other homeschool kids and moms at the meeting today. I was really proud of them because they did all the work themselves and made all the products, with only a little help from me to tie knots when needed. Yesterday they were hard at work making the little Christmas tree to hang the ornaments on for a display and making signs for the table.
So, today was the big sale and they were thrilled because all of their items sold! When the kids would come by to look at them, they had their little marketing talk to give (i.e. This candle holder makes a nice Christmas gift for moms!). It was too funny! Then they had to make change when needed and so on. So there was lots of "educational" value to it but really they saw as just a great time! They, of course, had just as much fun going around to all the other kids tables and buying up stuff, as well!
In the end, I'm pretty sure all of us Mom's just swapped our money around...but what a great reason to do it! The kids all felt so successful and had a great time doing it!
Cristi
No comments:
Post a Comment