I cannot believe it is already November 1st and it has been 2 months since I updated the blog...really where does the time go! We have been busy with school and just life, I guess! Nothing super note-worthy but wanted to share the pictures of our beauties last night at Halloween. The compound where we live has a trick or treat each year and the girls had loads of fun! It is funny though because our neighborhood is not strictly an expat compound so there are many Chinese families that live here as well and their version of “treats”...well, let’s just say it’s not quite the same as ours! The girls got a lot of just little hard candies that you suck on. We laughed because the ladies that I walked with said, “you know in the states there would be a public outcry from the kids if they received this many hard candies for treats!” :) But one Chinese house was a HUGE treat because the man was sitting out on his front patio with a machine spinning cotton candy and each kid! The girls were in heaven and so thrilled to get to have solid sugar spun into strings and wrapped on a stick! Just an fyi for those that are curious, in Australia they call cotton candy, fairy floss! I thought that was cute!
PS: Leah was Queen Guinevere, Lauren – Cleopatra and Kate was Penny from the movie Bolt. I thought it was funny that I commented last year that for the first time in 5 years I did not have a princess in my Halloween troupe so it was the end of an era...well, a new era has begun because the two big girls were all about being Queens this year. I guess we have graduated from princesses to queens! :) I know I’m biased but I do believe they were the most beautiful queens around last night! Kate was, of course, happy to being saving the world from the Green-Eyed monster and doing it while looking so adorable! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment