Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Mom, when will we...

Have soft chicken again?”  This is the question that was posed to me at supper tonight from my beloved daughter, Lauren.  To which I responded, “Huh?”  Lauren then said, “you know, Mom, when are we going to have soft chicken again, not this chewy, rubbery chicken.”  And so this explains perfectly the kind of chicken we get here in China!  No matter how much I beat it with a tenderizer before baking or grilling it, it turns out, well...a little chewy.  I promised Lauren that when we get back to the US we will have perfectly soft chicken often!

Bali was beautiful and such a wonderful, relaxing time for our family.  I will try to post some photos of it soon.  

1 comment:

Sandi and Hairball said...

Hahahahahaha!!! Tell Lauren I agree with her!! We don't get soft chicken here either and that does perfectly describe it. As my John says, "better living through chemicals"! Yum...soft chicken!!! Same with our pork, but I am not going to complain at all about the pork because I am just glad we are able to even buy pork! Love us some bacon!!!