Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Happy Halloween...late!

Well, we had another fun Halloween this year.  We were back to a year of no princess’ in our midst which I still have to say seems odd to me, given how many Halloween’s we have had at least one princess!  This year Leah and Lauren dressed up like their American girl dolls and Kate went as Jessie from Toy Story!  My mom helped me make Jessie’s costume and it turned out great!  Thanks, Mom!  We had Kate’s preschool Halloween party and our homeschool Halloween party to attend and the girls had a ball at both of them.  

The girls loved going around the neighborhood to trick or treat and this time John went with them.  I was happy to sit at home and hand out candy while chatting with a friend who came over.  Once again the girls loot had some very funny things in them – still mostly hard candies!  I mean, really – we are teaching the Chinese a thing or two around here but giving out chocolate at Halloween is just not catching on – much to my girls chagrin!!  I think when we are back in the US for Halloween they are going to be blown away by the goodies they collect!  I mean the candy is so “lame” here that I’m not even tempted to steal any!  Now that says something!  The funniest candy we got was a gummy type candy shaped like a corn on the cob.  Kate thought it would be great because what could be better than combining two of her favorite things – corn and gummies.  Turns out, it’s not such a good combination.  One bite and she promptly said, “ah, mom, I wasted my one after dinner treat on this yucky corn thing!”  I am not the absolute meanest mother in the world so I did let her choose something different.

On a side note, I am so behind on this blog and I really have such good intentions of catching up soon – but somehow life just gets in the way of things on my to do list!  We went on an amazing 3 week vacation in September and October and I’ve got to tell you all about it before I forget most of the details!  It seems my brain, for some reason these days, doesn’t remember all it should.  So hopefully this weekend I will get a nice post out telling you all about our fantastic European whirlwind vacation!  It was truly amazing the things we saw and I can’t wait to share pictures with you to try to convince you all to go!  Now, I did say, hopefully this weekend – please don’t sit by the computer waiting for it because with my track record it just might not happen.

Hope you all are enjoying a beautiful fall!  Blessings!

No comments: