Friday, December 17, 2010

A new little surprise for us...

We have been given the very special blessing of caring for a small 2 month old orphan boy for the next several weeks!  He is absolutely precious!  His name is Michael and he is just the sweetest, tiniest thing you have ever seen!  They think he is about 2-3 months old but he only weighs 7.5 pounds so we are doing our best to fatten him up!  He is actually in the care of a foundation here in Shanghai called Baobei that does really amazing beautiful work with orphans who are in need of surgeries!  Michael is waiting for his surgery which should take place in January so we will get to be his foster home until he goes in for his surgery!  The girls absolutely love having him here and are doing such a great job helping me take care of him!  Lauren, especially, is like a little mother to him carrying him everywhere, helping to bathe him, change his diaper, etc.   I’m thankful to have the help because boy, these little ones are a lot of work! :)  I have actually never had a 2 month old baby in my care because as you all know our girls came to us around 1 year old...to have such a tiny peanut is so different for me!  But he is the sweetest thing and I am so thrilled to be able to shower him with love and attention during this time!  I feel blessed to be able to do for him what someone else did for my sweet girls!  Every child is such a blessing and my heart literally breaks to think of all the small (and big) children who will spend this Christmas, once again, in the sterile halls of an orphanage with no family to call their own!  Even though Michael will not be staying with our family permanently, much to the girls chagrin, I am so happy to provide a loving place for him for this time!  God has certainly blessed us with him!  I cannot share actual pictures of his face on this blog because it is a public space but if you would love to see him I can email them privately to friends!  Just email me and let me know!

By the way, if you are at all inclined to help an orphan this year, please consider Baobei foundation and the life-changing work they are doing for Chinese children, including sweet Michael!  You can read all about them on their website at www.baobeifoundation.org.  Michael isn’t listed on their website but I am sure that they are raising funds for his surgery.  I know many of the women who give so much of their time and energy to run this foundation and know that it is worthy of your donations!

Blessings!

No comments: