So here they are, in no particular order – the 5 things I love about Kate!
- Her smile – the real one! She is just a beauty!
- her determined spirit – an example, learning to ride a 2 wheel bike in literally about 1 minute because she was so determined to be like her sisters!
- the way her mind is always thinking – she is just a thinker and often requires to know exactly what all is going on and why so she can wrap her brain around it.
- having her run up to me, hug me and say I love you – unprompted by me.
- that God has restored her joy. To be honest, we have had difficult struggles with Kate that we never had with the other girls. I think some of the issues were adoption related and others were related to her personality and the way she internalizes things and wants to be in control. But what I know for sure is that I prayed over her so many times asking God to give her joy and happiness in her heart – to replace the anger and sadness inside her with the joy that comes so naturally to most children. And this summer, we saw that prayer answered! We finally saw Kate able to enjoy herself, to laugh, to enjoy being playfully tickled, to understand humor and laugh at it, and to just in general be happier! Some would say that it just took time for her to grow and develop emotionally but I know in my heart that when I finally gave her over completely to God, and cried out through tears that, “nothing I am doing is helping her – God you have to take her completely and totally. Take her heart and restore it and shape it into the heart you have meant for her”. God said to me in my spirit, “finally you have realized that she is mine!” Within the next few months we saw gradual changes and then this summer when we returned to Shanghai from the US John and I both just marveled at the happy, beautiful little girl she was developing into! I praise God daily for the work He has done in her AND me! He has shown me continually how faithful HE is and I’m so incredibly grateful that He is!
We love you, Kate!
No comments:
Post a Comment