Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Chinese pick-up truck

What do you do with an old mattress that you don't want anymore...same as America, I guess.  You put it outside and hope that someone will come by and take the old thing!

It did work a little differently here - the security guard did not like that the girls were laying on a mattress in our front yard so quickly wanted to know what it was doing there.  I told him in my best Chinese that we didn't want it anymore.  About 10 minutes later, these guys showed up and off it went!

The funniest part was that these Chinese men couldn't believe how soft this mattress was.  Most Chinese people don't even sleep on mattresses, just boards of sort on a frame.  They might have a blanket or something a bit soft on the frame but never a big soft mattress.  Who knows where they were taking it or what they were going to do with it, but I was just glad to have it out of my house and off my front lawn!

No comments: