How many posts have I started on this blog with, "Man, I'm behind on posting?" Well, chock this one up to it one more time!
The girls had a great time trick or treating and were THRILLED with all the chocolate they received. They were blown away with all the little mini-candy bars and kept saying, "look, Mom, there aren't any hard candies!" They were used to all the hard candy from Shanghai and didn't have any real memory of what trick-or-treating in America was like. Needless to say, they were impressed with their bounty. They went trick-or-treating with some of our good friends and so that just added so much more to the fun! Even Kate got into it and was running from house to house - it must be something good if it gets Kate to run! :)
Here they are in all their beautiful Halloween glory - the big girls decided to re-wear costumes from two years back since "no one here has seen them." Can we just say that was music to my ears! Kate was a butterfly which was easy enough to accomplish with a borrowed body suit and a wings kit from Walmart! What can I say - I just love America and the ease in which we can get stuff here!
They are standing in our front yard so you can see that we actually had time to get our grass planted before the cold starts and it looks just beautiful, if I do say so myself! :) It's so nice to have a big expanse of green space to run and play in - Kate says we have our own park!
I'll update more soon. I have lots more impressions of moving back to the US that maybe one day I will get around to posting...maybe in January! :)
The girls had a great time trick or treating and were THRILLED with all the chocolate they received. They were blown away with all the little mini-candy bars and kept saying, "look, Mom, there aren't any hard candies!" They were used to all the hard candy from Shanghai and didn't have any real memory of what trick-or-treating in America was like. Needless to say, they were impressed with their bounty. They went trick-or-treating with some of our good friends and so that just added so much more to the fun! Even Kate got into it and was running from house to house - it must be something good if it gets Kate to run! :)
Here they are in all their beautiful Halloween glory - the big girls decided to re-wear costumes from two years back since "no one here has seen them." Can we just say that was music to my ears! Kate was a butterfly which was easy enough to accomplish with a borrowed body suit and a wings kit from Walmart! What can I say - I just love America and the ease in which we can get stuff here!
They are standing in our front yard so you can see that we actually had time to get our grass planted before the cold starts and it looks just beautiful, if I do say so myself! :) It's so nice to have a big expanse of green space to run and play in - Kate says we have our own park!
I'll update more soon. I have lots more impressions of moving back to the US that maybe one day I will get around to posting...maybe in January! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment