Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Heaven help us!

Yes, this is what we woke up to this morning!  Actually, Lauren woke me up early to let me know that it was snowing!  Oh, yeah!!  I cannot believe that it is November 9th and I woke up to snow!

As you all know, I am NO fan of winter or snow!  I don't see the beauty of it, I don't get the snuggly winter feeling, I don't even really see the fun in it - you know, going outside and freezing until your lips are blue...I just don't love it!  The only saving consolation to the snowfall today was the girls were so excited about it that they zoomed through their school work, ever so diligently, so they could get outside and play in it.  I know it's always fun for kids when it snows - but talk to them in APRIL when it's still snowing and then we'll see!

Now, before anyone criticizes my negative attitude, please remember that I can say all this without abandon because I have told y'all my theory already - you can only complain about one season or else you are just complaining all the time!  So I choose winter - every year, without fail!  You will not hear me complain in the summer - even in Shanghai when it was like a billion degrees outside and as humid as is possible - no complaints from me.

Having said all that, I do want to go on the record as saying I haven't always hated winter.  There was a time when I was young, and living in southern New Mexico and we would get a snowfall.  We would go outside, frolic in it, play to our hearts content and then the next day, we would wake up and for the most part it would be GONE!  That is my kind of snow!  We would go on about our happy lives in winter until the next freak snowstorm occurred.  Here in the Midwest, once the snow covers the ground, rarely do we see the ground again until the springtime thaw.  Now since this storm does seem a bit freakishly early, I'm praying that it will go away and we will have a few more weeks of non-snow covered ground.  I can always hope.


I hope that wherever you are today it is balmy and warm and oh, so lovely out!  If so, go outside and enjoy it a little extra just for me!

1 comment:

mama2dibs said...

First, I can feel for the being woken up early for the white stuff. I was right there with you!

Secondly, oh, to be in China and not have to deal with snow in October. That has been our lot for at least the past two years. So, I am just thankful that it waited until at least November this year. :)