Friday, June 06, 2008

News from the home front!

Well, we have had a rough week here at our house. Everyone has been very sick and it has not been fun. I think we are all finally on the mend - at least I'm praying we are! Leah has done well with the tonsil stuff. It does crack me up though because she is my ever so cautious child and when she heard that she could only eat soft foods that is all she'll eat. And she keeps asking me, "mom is this a soft food?" I told her that next week she would be free and clear to eat anything she wanted, ie chips or toast. And she said, "well, we'll just have to see, Mom, I might not be completely better." I ASSURED her she would be better! :)

So here is our home news. I don't think I ever posted that we sold our house here in the Midwest. It was on the market one day, the first couple who came through gave us a great offer with a perfect closing date. We were so amazed and so grateful. Just getting the house ready with 3 squirrely girls one time was enough almost to put me over the edge. I'm so thankful I did not have to do that time and time again. In fact that is the only showing we had! God is so good. I told a friend of mine, I'm pretty sure God just knew that if I had to get the house ready over and over again for showings I might just jump off a cliff!

Now for our 2nd piece of home news. It appears that we have found a house in Shanghai. The lease is being signed as I type (I believe) and it looks like everything is in order! Again, praise God! As with all things in life, there had to be compromises made but all in all we are very happy with the house. The only down side to this house is it backs up to a man-made stream that meanders through the property. Now while beautiful to look at, unfortunately for me, not great when you have little kids. John felt like he could rig up some kind of fence though to keep the kids in the tiny backyard without toppling over into the stream. I am certain the allure and pull of the water will be way to strong for our Lauren to resist...most fun and exciting things are for her! I'll post a couple of pictures for a comparison of our yards here and in China...they are a tiny bit different! :)

Our yard now:
Our new yard:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about your family so I was pleased to see your email about the going away get-together coming up. I can't imagine all that you are having to coordinate...I can just picture all the to-do lists! :) I'm excited that your family - and particularly the girls - will have this amazing experience. I look forward to peeking at your journey via your blog. Hope to see you at your send-off!

Sandi and Hairball said...

How exciting! At least you have a yard...unlike the apartment living we have here in Abu Dhabi! Can't wait to keep up with the new adventure! Maybe I can find a way to visit next summer!