Tuesday, July 01, 2008

1 More Week!

Well, I can't believe it but we are 1 week away from the packing! The packers are supposed to show up at our house next Monday morning to begin the process. I am frantically going around putting sticky notes on everything that is going into storage. There are tons of details we still have to do and the lists are getting longer instead of shorter but my ever faithful, optimistic husband just keeps saying, "it will all get done". He then usually follows that sentence with "now sit down and breathe into this brown paper sack for a minute!" :)

Last week was spent doing Vacation Bible School at our church. A dear friend of mine and I agreed to co-coordinate everything last fall - long before I knew that we would be moving half way around the world 2 weeks after VBS finished! :) But fortunately we had done a lot of the work ahead of time and had a SUPER, FANTASTIC team that helped us pull it all off. This particular VBS was Galilee-by-the-Sea and we turned our church into a Bible times village complete with well, marketplace, costumes for the kids, etc. The kids had a great time! Here are a few pictures from the week. We even got John into the act one day as the town tax collector!



No comments: