Ok, before you jump to the wrong conclusions...Leah does not have a new baby sister, although I'm certain she would have been thrilled to bring sweet Anna home! For a while now, I have been wanting to get the girls going on some type of service project/volunteer work since we homeschool and have time to do it. John and I really want our girls to be full of head knowledge AND heart knowledge but it is not always easy to find things that I can do with a 8, 6 and 4 year old! Today we had the perfect opportunity...we got to go to the Shanghai Healing Home for orphans to hold and play with babies. These are babies from all over China that are here in Shanghai to have surgery done, mostly for cleft lip but there is one baby here for club foot surgery. I wasn't sure how the girls would do with the babies since they "look" different but they were just great, jumping right in to hold the babies and play with them. I just wanted to share some of the sweet pictures we took today.
On a personal note, it has been a long time since I held babies, and my "babies" were always around one year old so it was amazing to me how little a 2 month old baby is - and how light she is! The girls were smitten with the babies and if you notice in Kate's picture that she is rubbing both the baby's tummy and her head. I'm pretty certain she felt like she was petting a puppy and happy to do it! Fortunately, that was one tired baby and she slept right through it! I had planned to do this once a month but all the girls informed me that we should definitely do this once a week...so we'll see! It was such a blessing to us to be able to give these sweet babies a little one-on-one attention.



No comments:
Post a Comment