Friday, December 15, 2006

Shamian Island Shopping...

The girls sporting their new dresses and umbrellas from the shopping trip.


We spent Friday just hanging around the hotel and shopping around the island. It was so nice to have a free day with nothing planned. We went and visited all the little shops on the island and looked at all the great stuff! I can already tell that we might just have to get an extra suitcase for this trip home! But how is one to resist the cutest little leather shoes for $3?? There are lots of different things that the shops have this time that they didn't have when we were here in 2004 so it's fun to shop for all the new stuff - like baby quilts made out of the pretty Chinese silk, diaper bags and clothes, clothes, clothes! Cathy - you just wait until you get her. I told one of the shop owners that if she thought I shopped a lot - just wait until my friend comes...she shops circles around me! :)

Kate is doing a little better each day. She still only wants to sit in my lap or John's. We can't really put her down. She did let my Mom hold her for a little bit yesterday, too. Lauren was that way to so I was prepared for that. She is eating a little bit better but still no where near the amount of formula the orphanage said she was eating. I did find out yesterday that she prefers to take the bottle sitting up. I let her just play with the bottle for about 5 minutes and eventually she leaned her little head forward and started drinking some. She only drank about 2 oz. but she did that a couple of times yesterday. She slept pretty good last night so I'm hoping that she will wake up good and hungry! Kate is beginning to babble a lot more, too which is really cute to hear.

Leah and Lauren are doing so awesome. They are just the best big sisters ever! It is so nice for them to have one another to play with. Yesterday afternoon I bet they played for an hour and a half without ever coming in to ask us for anything. They truly love one another and it is so neat to see their friendship flourish. They do love Baby Kate but I think they probably think, "she doesn't do much!" Yesterday, Leah reminded me that "she's still getting use to us, Mom". In other words, don't rush her, Mom! Ah, the wisdom of little ones!

Thanks again for all the comments and emails. We love reading them. Here are a few more pictures from the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Squeaky shoes here I come! Make sure you leave a few pairs for me, Cristi!
Love,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Each morning when I wake and when I get off work I check to see if there are any new pictures with the three sweetest girls on the planet in them. (I'm not biased) They are all so cute and Leah looks so grown up (for a 4 yr old). God is SO BIG that He can match parents with their children half way around the world. Praise God! Can't wait to see more pictures! Hugs and kisses to the girls! And hugs and kisses to Granny and Papa!
love, Lindsey xoxo

Anonymous said...

Cristi
If you have not checked out Jordan's shop please do so! His store is just down the side street from Lucy's.
He is a friend at heart and such a neat guy. Some of his items are higher but he does take off a % and everything is marked up front. We didn't find his store until our last day but we made up for it.
Little Kate looks like she is very healthy so I wouldn't fret too much about her bottle. She is so cute!!!
Please tell Catherine hello from Becky and that I miss her very much!!
Blessings to you!! I am enjoying reading about your journey!! Becky (HOLT)