We originally named our blog the China Journey as it was where we chronicled our journey to bring our daughters home to us from China. Little did we know that a couple of years later, we would be going on another China journey...as Expats living in Shanghai.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Wednesday Morning...
I only have a minute but I just wanted to give you a little update on sweet Kate. She is such a sweet little baby but she is grieving so hard. Just crying and moaning so much. It just breaks our heart to see it! We have had some smiles also so I know that we are making progress every minute. She is eating so very little and that is a bit scary for John and I. Please pray with us that she will begin eating soon. We will be going to the orphanage tomorrow so we are anxious to ask them exactly how she likes the bottle and how she likes to be fed. The first day she wouldn't even let us get the bottle near her mouth but yesterday we got about one bottle in her. This morning she took about half of another one. In the orphanage she was taking about 6 bottles a day! No wonder she is so healthy and chubby! We know that she will eat soon but I can't help but worry about her. I am trusting in God every minute to sustain her! I know He is faithful to do that. When the bouts of crying stop she does have some good minutes and will flash a very toothy smile at us on occassion. Those little smiles keep us going. I don't have time right now to post one of those pictures but I will when we get back from the Grocery Store. Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments and emails you all have sent. Knowing that we have such strong prayer support for us back home sure helps us! I'll post more pics soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Praying for you and your little Kate as she makes this huge adjustment!!!
Becky from the Holt BB
Cristi,
Yangdong SWI nannies make the bottles THICK.
They make a paste of the rice cereal and H2O, then add that to the formula (7 scoops). When it's done, it resembles congealed pudding (not quite thick set). As a result, the hole in the nipple is about as big around as a pencil eraser.
When we visited Yangdong, the Orph. director brought each of the babies a bottle. Our Katie sucked hers down like a person dying of thirst. She really wanted more.
We're praying hard for Kate and for the rest of you. It will get better, it just may take some time.
God Bless you all!
Cristi,
I'm praying for Kate. It's good that you're going to the SWI. She'll be on track soon. I have faith. It wasn't until we visited Yangdong that Eliza finally chugged her bottle and we never had a problem again.
This is a common problem w/ Yangdong babies. Someone needs to communicate to the director that it would be helpful to bring a bottle, nipple and instructions to the family on the day of receiving the baby. ...Urgh!! Hang in there!
Sarah & Eliza Yiyi
Post a Comment