We went this morning to the Six Banyan Buddhism Temple to see the sights. The pagoda was 9 levels high and 17 stories high. Today was some special Buddhism day so there were lots of people there burning incense and leaving fruit offerings. It was very interesting but also very sad to us. In fact, when I took the little group picture of John, Mom and the girls, John and the girls shouted, "Jesus loves you!" instead of saying cheese.
We were quite the spectacle at the place with 3 Chinese daughters. We had throngs of people surrounding us on all sides wanting to know about these 3 girls. Of course, they were talking all in Chinese and we were speaking in English so it was a bit of a trick. We did get lots of thumbs up from the local people. I don't have a picture of that but I did get a picture of several people checking out Shane and Angel's (the other couple in our travel group) baby. There was a sweet little Chinese grandma that came up to us and started pulling on Kate's pant legs because there was a little skin showing. In 3 adoptions that is the first time we have had that happen. John was holding Lauren too and she even tugged on Lauren's pants a bit. Then gave us the thumbs up. She was very sweet and cute - reminded me of my sweet Mamaw who died this past May.
The last photo is just for viewing enjoyment...all the shoes I have bought. I think total I've bought 18 pairs but only about 15 are pictured. YIKES! But they are so cheap here - like $3 & $4 for Kate's shoes and $5-7 for Leah and Lauren's. I still have to go out and get Kate just a few more pairs of sandals because you know, a one year old can never have too many pairs of shoes, and then I'll be all done. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment