
We made it to Beijing without any troubles! Praise God! The flight was right on time and as smooth as can be. The girls did really great! They were content to color, bead necklaces, play with their magnetic dolls and watch a few videos. We didn't even end up with a dead battery on the DVD player which was surprising to me. I thought we would burn through it pretty quickly but Leah was the only one that really watched it and by that time Lauren had crashed as you can see in the picture! We are now just hanging out at the hotel. John has gone today to do some business in another city but will be back tonight. Mom and Dad have gone to see the Temple of Heaven and the Forbidden City. I think the girls and I will go out walking around here in just a bit! We are so very excited to be here. We have heard that on Sunday we will receive some updated photos of Kate! Yeah, we can't wait for that. I'll post them when we get them! Tomorrow we will go to the Great Wall and probably freeze to death but it's always fun to go to the Great Wall! I'll post more tomorrow!
7 comments:
Glad you guys made it ok. This site is really great to keep up with your doings. Have fun! Be looking forward to seeing Kate's new pictures. Hi to everyone.
Love, Patty/Mother
So glad to hear you made it. That flight is not the most fun you'll have on this trip (just keep remembering that, it gets WAY better!).
People "over here" are praying for you, and we're all excited for you to meet your precious Kate.
Any word yet on a potential Yangdong SWI visit?
Kelly in Michigan (Katie's mom)
Woohoo, you are in China! Can you believe in just a few days you'll be holding Kate?! We are anxious to see pictures of your newest blessing and hear all about sweet baby Kate.
Finally...I've been anxiously checking your journal site! Glad you're there. Can't wait to see the updated photos and you all w/ Kate. Are you going to visit YD SWI? If so, see if the director has an e-mail address that we can send photos to. Let them know that Eliza Yiyi (pronounced "e e") is doing GREAT and is so happy and loving! Keep the journal coming! Sarah, Derek and Eliza
Congratulations!!!
So glad to hear the flight went well.
We think of you daily and pray God is preparing Kate's heart (and mind) for all the love that's about to be bestowed upon her. :) Huggs for the girls.
Jeannie and family
I've been waiting anxiously to see the first post. We are so excited for you. And I'm glad the flight and everything went well. How are the "old folks" holding up? Can't wait to see pictures of Kate! We will continue to pray for you! XOXO, Lindsey
I'm so excited you are finally there!! I just pray that everything goes smoothly with Kate, the adoption process, and the whole trip. We are so happy for you all and especially for Kate who gets to join your wonderful family!
We love you guys!
Scott and Holly
Post a Comment